Friday 5 April 2013

Ginger, sunflower and goji berry balls of goodness


Those that know me know I love to eat even more than I love to cook, and I love snacking between meals! When teaching I would have a snack after almost every class to keep my energy levels up and remain focused. I don’t like to snack on junk, I like to make my snacks count and use them as another opportunity to make sure I am getting all the good things I need.

Ginger, sunflower and goji berry balls of goodness
These goji berry balls are packed full of goodness, antioxidants and protein. They will keep you energized and take just moments to prepare. Keep them for about a week in the fridge. They are a perfect between meal snack you don’t need to feel guilty about! Wheatgrass is an acquired taste so leave this out if you want. 

Ingredients
½ cup of sunflower seeds
½ cup of flaxseeds
½ cup of goji berries
½  cup of dried apricots
1tbsp dried or crystallized ginger
5-6 dates
1tbsp lemon juice
1tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cacao powder
1tbsp wheatgrass powder
 
Dried apricots, goji berries and dried ginger
Freshly squeezed lemon

Method
Throw the sunflower seeds and flaxseeds into the food processor first and blitz until small pieces. Then add all the fruit, ginger and liquid and mix again. I normally add the cacao and wheatgrass last and give one final mix.
Sunflower seeds and flaxseeds
Everything in the food processor
Form the mixture into small balls measuring about 2-2.5 cm across. Chill in the fridge for about an hour before eating. They keep in the fridge for a week and also freeze well.

Delicious, tangy goji balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment