Friday 5 April 2013

Ginger and lime marmalade and pear muffins


This is a really easy muffin mix to make, it doesn’t even involve any weighing. I had a couple of beautiful pears in my fruit bowl and thought they would me great in a muffin mixed with a few spoonfuls of my favorite ginger and lime marmalade. I was right! The flavors work brilliantly together and the pears make these muffins nice a moist. I had to stop myself eating them all as they were cooling!
Beautiful pears
Don’t worry if you don’t have the lime and ginger marmalade, I am sure they would work just as beautifully with orange marmalade and a teaspoon of ground ginger. For a bit of extra decadence you can dissolve some sugar in lime juice and drizzle this on top of the muffins as they are cooling or before eating!
Diced pear
Ingredients
2 cups of self raising flour
½ cup of sugar
1 beaten egg
¼ cup of oil
1 cup of milk
3 heaped teaspoons of ginger & lime marmalade (or similar)
1½ large pairs peeled, cored and diced
Ginger and lime marmalade
Method
Mix all the ingredients together (by hand) in a bowl without the pear until nice a smooth. Then add the pear. 
Add the beaten egg to the other ingredients
All the ingredients ready for baking

Spoon into muffin cases or a muffin tray. I use a silicone tray for ease. This makes 10-12 medium muffins. Bake for 15-20 mins in a pre-heated oven at 180. 
Muffin mix in the muffin tray ready for the oven
Delicious, moist muffin fresh from the oven
Ginger and lime marmalade and pear muffins
 Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment